Delicious Pear CakeFrom noir 7 years ago
- * 3 or 4 ripe and juicy pears. (I personally like Bosc, Bartlett and Starkrimson pears a whole lot.) :) shopping list
- * 4 eggs shopping list
- * 125 grams (1 stick) of unsalted butter (For our foodies/european style...) :) shopping list
- * 250 grams of sugar (9 fl. oz. or a little more than 1 cup) shopping list
- * 250 grams of flour (14 fl. oz. or 1 cup 3/4) shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon shopping list
- * a round cake pan (about 10" x 2"). shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the whole eggs (white and yolk) and the sugar in a large bowl, until smooth and foamy.
- Add the melted butter. You can melt the butter (cut in pieces) in the round cake pan while pre-heating the oven at 365F.
- The butter should remain white on the surface (don't melt it until it's oily and bright yellow!).
- Stir well to incorporate the melted butter into the egg and sugar mix.
- Sift the flour and baking soda over the bowl while stirring.
- Incorporate the flour to the mix little by little.
- Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon and stir well until smooth.
- Pour the dough into the buttered cake pan.
- Cut the pear in halves, peel them and remove the center (seeds).
- Place the half pears in a circle on top of the dough, bumpy side up, pointy side towards the middle of the pan.
- Gently push the pears into the dough (they'll sink in while the cake is baking).
- Bake 1 hour at 350 Degrees.
- The cake is ready if you can insert a knife blade in the center of the cake and take it out dry (i.e. no dough sticking to it).
- Get ready to eat and enjoy!
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
Piece Of Cake376 members
Back To Basics346 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
All Holidays135 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Countdown To Christmas79 members
Calling All Bunnies37 members