Roast Turkey with Bourbon SauceFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1 6- to 8-pound turkey breast, (I like the Hotel Style) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- For the bourbon sauce: shopping list
- 32-ounce bottle barbecue sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained (we needed just 1 pepper for this amount) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
How to make it
- **The Turkey must be roasted it in the oven, not in a slow cooker.**
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Sprinkle the turkey breast with salt and pepper; rub it in well. Place it on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a saucepan, mix together all the ingredients for the bourbon sauce, and bring it to a simmer.
- Ladle enough of the sauce over the turkey breast to cover it well, put in preheated oven and roast for about 2 hours, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan to prevent the excess marinade from burning, if necessary.
- Baste with the sauce during the last 30 minutes or so of roasting, if desired.
- Let rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Love the sauce...a beautiful combination of flavors!angelinaw in St Louis loved it
Love this!shuga in United States loved it
Gosh Noir, you just keep making me and Mr. Bunny very hungry after readings your recipes! *Pink grabs her shopping list and pencil and starts scribbling...1 Turkey, Bourbon, BBQ Sauce....*pink in USA loved it