Layered Mexican ChickenFrom shirlex7565 7 years ago
- 1 sprays olive oil cooking spray shopping list
- 2 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3 cup fat-free sour cream shopping list
- 2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese, divided shopping list
- 8 oz chopped green chilies, two 4-oz cans shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 12 medium corn tortilla(s), cut into 2-inch strips shopping list
- 1 cup salsa, mild, medium or hot shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chilies, cumin, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange half of tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces. Serve with salsa on the side.
- 6 points per serving
People Who Like This Dish 74
The Cookshirlex7565 Sparta, TN
The Rating11 people
Yummmmy!!! I will make this next week and let you know, thanks so much.invisiblechef in loved it
Going to make this one, we love anything mexican. Thank you so much for posting this one, looks so good.henrie in Savannah loved it
Awesome recipe! Thanks for posting.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it