Shrimp Scampi with Lemon and Butter-Soaked BreadFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 5 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Hearth Fired Artisan French Demi-baguette shopping list
- 24 fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- Sprigs fresh oregano leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Grate the peel from the lemon.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the peel.
- Squeeze the lemon to make 2 tablespoons juice.
- Set aside.
- Stir the lemon peel, 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the oregano, 2 teaspoons of the garlic and black pepper in a nonmetallic shallow dish or 1 gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Add the shrimp and turn to coat with the marinade.
- Cover the dish or seal the plastic bag and refrigerate it for 30 minutes, turning the shrimp over a few times while it’s marinating.
- Heat the remaining oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the remaining garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the reserved lemon juice and remaining oregano.
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter and stir until the butter melts. Season to taste. Keep warm.
- Bake and cool the bread according to the package directions.
- Cut the bread diagonally into 12 (1/2-inch thick) slices.
- Heat the broiler. Put the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Broil 7 inches from the heat for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Remove the bread from the oven.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and put the shrimp on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil the shrimp with the top of the shrimp 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink turning the shrimp over halfway through cooking.
- Put the shrimp on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Arrange the bread around the edge of the plate.
- Garnish with oregano.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Lemon, oregano, garlic, shrimp, delicious.
notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it