Mels Chicken Chow MeinFrom bakermel 7 years ago
- 2 chicken thighs shopping list
- 3 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 sm. can green beans; drained shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts; drained shopping list
- 1 can sliced mushrooms; drained shopping list
- 1/2 can cream of chicken soup; undiluted shopping list
- 1/2 can chicken broth shopping list
- 4 celery stalks ( + some leaves & yellow heart of celery); sliced shopping list
- Smart Balance Light shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbl. corn starch mixed with a little hot water (to thicken) shopping list
- Teriaki sauce, to taste shopping list
- Minute Rice or rice noodles, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the chicken in Smart Balance Light; save the drippings in the skillet.
- Remove fat and skin from the chicken thighs; discard.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Slice celery and microwave it in a little of remaining broth, until tender.
- Heat 1/2 can broth in the chicken drippings in skillet; add 1 Tbl. corn starch mixed w/hot water and stir into broth mixture.
- Add 1/2 can cream of chicken soup.
- Add cooked celery and rest of the ingredients; stir until heated through.