Naan Khatai Or Sugar CookiesFrom ambus 8 years ago
How to make it
- Melt ghee and freeze until it becomes solid.
- Then remove from freezer and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven at 180 C.Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sieve baking powder with flour.Keep aside.
- In a large bowl,beat ghee and sugar until creamy.
- Gradually work in the flour.Mix gently with hands until it comes together.
- Divide the dough into 36 equal portions,then flatten the dough and form a circular shape with your palms.Keep pressing the edges to form a smooth cookie.
- Arrange on the baking tray,2 inches apart.
- Dip a fingertip in milk and dab on the center of each cookie.
- Now sprinkle a few pistachios/almonds on top of each cookie. See Photo
- Bake 12 minutes until the milk turns light golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely ,then store them in an air-tight container.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating5 people
awesome!chezzane in loved it
Ghee,Ghee,Ghee..One of the best flavoring fats added in a dessert.I am sure they will even melt in your hand.We call them Ghorayeba in Egypt and they are irresistable.thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
thanks ambus a MUST have on EIDS day on the sweetmeat traymumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Ghee Happy13 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Anything Goes289 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members