Potato Onion Cheddar SoupFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 large garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded shopping list
- minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook garlic, onion, celery, and potatoes in oil for 10 minutes; stir often.
- Add broth, salt and pepper.
- Boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in milk; heat through; add cheese and parsley.
- Makes 4 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating3 people
Flavourful, tasty, quick and easy to make. Will be adding this to my favourite recipes. I sauteed some cut up bacon with the onions, and celery to enhance the flavours and added just a teaspoon of cream instead of milk before pureeing it. Thanks ...moreTrappedinTuscany in loved it
this soup sounds so good. i love soup so i will be trying this one for sure.thanks for posting it.bigstmpr in Edgewood loved it
love this!but this.. is not gonna b enough Pat ;)chezzane in loved it