Ground Beef and RiceFrom clbacon 7 years ago
- One pound of ground beef - I use chuck or lean shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- One regular (14.5oz) can of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup of rice, uncooked shopping list
- One envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix shopping list
- One cup of water shopping list
- spices to taste - diced garlic, hot sauce, your choice shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese - at least 1/2 cup shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet that has a lid.
- Drain any grease.
- Add the chopped onion and green pepper.
- Cook until veggies start to soften.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes with juice, the rice, the dry soup mix, the water and the spices.
- Stir to blend.
- Cover and simmer for 30- minutes until rice has cooked and absorbed liquid.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top; cover and let cheese melt.
People Who Like This Dish 100
The Cookclbacon Birmingham, AL
The Rating10 people
love the green pepper and garlic and hotsauce great combo. high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Loved it!! Made it just as the recipe says, making it again tonight! It's a keeper!!cameronsmaga in loved it
Making this again tonight, it's easy, I always have the ingredients and it's delicious! I use grd chicken or turkey, works really well:)NPMarie in Magalia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!