Roast Leg of LambFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
How to make it
- Let leg of lamb sit on counter for half an hour to warm up from refrigerator. Remove any "fell" off of lamb but do not remove all of the fat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place Lamb on rack in roasting pan.
- Cut up garlic into large slivers.
- With knife, make slits into lamb and place garlic into slits.
- Generously salt and pepper lamb
- Sprinkle Herbs de Provence all over lamb.
- Throw the pan into the oven.
- Once an hour, baste with any pan drippings.
- Roast 25-30 minutes per pound - a six pound leg of lamb will take 3 hours. A slow oven (325 degrees) will ensure the fat melts which will continuously baste the leg of lamb.
- Lamb will continue to cook once out of the stove.
- Do let the lamb "rest" as with all meat at least 20 minutes.
- Best served medium rare -
- You may add cut up potatoes that have been drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with rosemary, salt and pepper into the rack one hour before lamb is done.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating3 people
Sounds yummy!!a1patti in Salem loved it
Flavors sound just right. Are you sure about that 325? I've roasted them even slower for even more juiciness.pieplate in Claremont loved it
I made this last week. Excellent--tender and pink. I did increase the temperature to 400, convection bake, for the last 15 minutes, to get a little more browning.pieplate in Claremont loved it