Cranberry Stuffed Winter SquashFrom pudgy47 9 years ago
- 2 medium winter squash shopping list
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter-- melted salt shopping list
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions shopping list
- 1 Tps. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped unpeeled tart apple shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 Tps. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 Tps. freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups unseasoned fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar, jack or swiss shopping list
- 1/4 pound sliced smoked bacon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and stringy portions. Brush the cut sides of the squash halves with the melted butter and season to taste with salt. Arrange, cut side down, on a lightly greased baking pan. Pour in hot water to a depth of 1/2 inch and bake until barely tender when pietred with a wooden skewer, about 35-45 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter in a skillet over medium-highheat. Add the onions and saute until almost soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, apple, and cranberries and saute until the apples are soft, about for minutes longer. Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg. In a bowl, combine the apple mixtuer, bread crumbs, and cheese. Mound in the cavities of the baked squash halves and arrange in a baking dish
- Bake until the squash is tender, the dilling is heated through, and cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels, then crumble. remove the squash from oven, sprinkle with the crumbled bacon, and serve hot
The Cookpudgy47 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
My kind of a meal... this sounds sooooooooo good!
Happy Holidays!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Damnnnnnnnnnnn that sounds good! It's a keeper!craners in Coarsegold loved it
This is a keeper Jerry... I have bookmarked... some grilled pork chops... this ... yummy!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!