Pound Cake from a PlantationFrom chacha 9 years ago
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, either regular or reduced-fat shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup ground nuts shopping list
- lemon icing or confectioners’ sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together flour, lemon peel, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs(one at a time), sour cream and lemon juice until thoroughly blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, just until blended.
- Pour half of the mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Top with remaining batter.
- With narrow spatula or knife, gently swirl through batter to marble.
- Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking dish and cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite icing recipe or dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- 1 loaf serves 6 - 8
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating4 people
Wow this looks so good! I love pound cake and especially the lemon flavored! The first pound cake I had was years ago in New Jersey..I did not realize it had rum in it and I ate two large slices. WHo ever said that alcohol evaporates after cooking...moremichellem in Idaho loved it