Mozzarella Slices With CapersFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 pound fresh water-packed mozzarella, drained, cut into ¼-inch slices shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, minced or crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste shopping list
- 1 long strip of fresh orange or lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained well, chopped shopping list
- artichoke hearts, canned, drained well shopping list
- salami shopping list
- imported cured olives for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Overlap the cheese slices on a serving platter.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, lemon strip and crushed red pepper.
- Stir just until the garlic begins to color, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the oregano, salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Stir in the capers and the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Drizzle the mixture over the cheese slices and garnish them with artichoke hearts, salami and olives.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated covered tightly with plastic wrap.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before service.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
mmmm, I'll second Lunasea! Delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sounds delicious, Tina sweetie - thanks!! *Hugss*lunasea in Orlando loved it
This is a beauty of a recipe love those artichokes
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it