Crispy Truffle CookiesFrom bitsyskitchen 9 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ cup dutch process cocoa powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small saucepan over very low heat, combine the butter and chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until they are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the granulated sugar until evenly moistened. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- 3. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the chocolate, sugar and egg mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat an oven to 375°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 5. Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Shape the dough into ¾-inch balls and roll in the confectioners’ sugar to coat completely. Place the balls about 1 ½ inches apart on the prepared pans. Bake the cookies until puffed and cracked on top, about 10 - 12 minutes. They may appear underdone in the center but will turn crisp as they cool.
- 6. Allow to cool on the pans for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 42 cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookbitsyskitchen Beautiful Coast, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!