Caribbean Seafood SouffleFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup celery tops shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 pound crabmeat shopping list
- 6 egg whites, stiffly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 8 cup souffle dish.
- Toast coconut in a non-stick skillet over low heat.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over low heat and add the celery, garlic, curry powder, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper - cook for 3 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth for about 1 minute.
- Pour in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks one at a time into the sauce. Stir in coconut and crab meat.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites and lemon juice with a mixer until stiff, but not dry.
- Stir 1/4 of the whites into crab mixture. Quickly and gently fold in the remaining whites. Do not deflate the volume.
- Transfer mixture to the souffle dish and place it on a rack at the bottom of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden, puffed and still moist inside.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating6 people
Stunning. Absolutely stunning.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This is for brunch tomorrow!gabrielle in Austin loved it
sounds delicious!! thanksuk2nyc in Milano, Italy loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!