Oven-Fried ChickenFrom unswissmiss 6 years ago
- 4 chicken quarters shopping list
- 1/2 C buttermilk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 C plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Parmesean cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1-2 Tbsp melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large sealable plastic bag, mix buttermilk, mustard, oil, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to blend.
- Add chicken and marinate, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a shallow dish, thoroughly mix bread crumbs, paprika, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, flour, and cheese.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Let sit for 30 minutes on a baking rack. (Put a foil-covered tray underneath to catch the crumbs and drippings.)
- Just before baking, drizzle melted butter over the chicken pieces.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden and crispy.
People Who Like This Dish 47
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
The Rating7 people
OMG this sounds so good. I am a chicken freak, lol.dariana in loved it
I am with you. I don't pan fry any longer. I like to over fry thighs or whole legs.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
Hmm...I might try this with boneless, skinless chicken breast and reduce the cook time...
Look GREAT!serenityhound in Colorado Springs loved it