Alfajores - layers cakesFrom tinam 7 years ago
- 1 cup / 250 grams ground almonds shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup / 300 grams butter shopping list
- 1 cup / 225 grams confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- rind of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp almond essence shopping list
- 1/2 pound of plain flour shopping list
- Optional - sweentened condensed milk or melted chocolate or desiccated coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the butter with the sugar and essences.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour and the almonds and knead lightly.
- Place dough in the fridge for about 35 min.
- Flatten dough and then cut into small circles, cookie size
- Bake for about 20 minutes on greased and floured baking sheets.
- Take one circle and cover it in jam/jelly, dulce de leche (sweetened condensed milk) or melted chocolate
- Then use another circle to close the alfajore. It's like making a sandwich.
- The moist edges can be covered in shaved coconut or powdered sugar.