buttermilk chocolate cupcakesFrom mbe 9 years ago
- 6 oz unsweetend chocolate shopping list
- 8 oz softened unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 3/4 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- melt the chocolate.
- cream the butter and sugar together then add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
- add the vanilla and chocolate and mix well.
- sift together all the dry ingredients and add them in 1/3rds, alternating with the buttermilk.
- You can also add some good quality chocolate chips if you like.
- grease and flour a 10″ springform pan, you can line it with parchment if wanted but this is not essential.
- Bake the cake at 350F for around 45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Ice this with a good ganache: boil 250 ml of cream and pour over 150 gms of quality dark chocolate that has been chopped.
- After 5 minutes, mix well and let cool.
- When cold, beat well with an electric mixer until the ganache is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Ice the cake only when completely cold.
- Sprinkles or draguees optional.