Honey Bun CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 package butter recipe yellow cake mix shopping list
- 2 sticks butter (softened) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease bottom only of 13 x 9" pan.
- Remove 1/2 cup dry cake mix, reserve.
- Beat remaining dry cake mix, butter, eggs and sour cream
- in large bowl on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread half of the batter in pan.
- Stir together reserved dry cake mix, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Carefully spread remaining batter evenly over pecan mixture. (To make spreading easier, drop batter by dollops over pecan mixture, then spread). Bake 30 to 33 minutes or until deep golden brown and cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Stir powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and almond extracts until thin
- enough to drizzle, stirring in additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary.
- Poke top of warm cake evenly with a sharp fork. Spread glaze over top of cake.
- Cool completely, about one hour. Store covered.