Hot Ham Buns in the OvenFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- ¼ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons beer and Brat mustard, or any grainy, horseradish-style mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds shopping list
- ¼ cup finely diced sweet onion shopping list
- 1 pound of sliced smoked ham from the deli shopping list
- 6 slices good quality Swiss or Emantaler or gruyere cheese shopping list
- 6 buns (dark rye buns are the best, but you can use white, wheat, or whatever) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the butter, mustard, poppy seeds and onion; spread this on one side of each bun, using up all of mixture.
- Top spread with ham slices, then a slice of cheese; place other half of bun over cheese and gently squeeze the bun together just a bit.
- Tightly wrap each sandwich individually in foil, sealing foil well.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve sandwiches hot.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
A recipe that our family loves! Wonderful, delicious, quick, and easy! Perfect for a crowd, and they will love them too! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Can't say enough good things about these hot ham sandwiches! Used to make them for a group of college students, and time and time again, they would ask for them! They were their favorites too.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
A Tailgate feast! Thank you Krum! :)noir in Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!