thai pumpkin soupFrom hiddenpoet 7 years ago
- 1 can of pure pumpkin (15 oz) shopping list
- 1& 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 cup veg stock shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 4 -5 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 1 lemongrass stalk chopped shopping list
- 2 thai chilies seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- squirt of lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp cilantro shopping list
- basil leaves for garnish shopping list
- salt and papper shopping list
How to make it
- put the garlic, shallot, lemongrass, thai chilies, cilantro, pinch of salt and lime juice into a food processor and process into a paste.
- bring your veg stock to a light boil and add the paste stirring until dissolved.
- add the pumpkin slowly until mixed in and turn down to a simmer. when all the pumpkin is added simmer for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- add all he coconut milk and bring it back up to a simmer. don't bring it to a boil!
- add the sugar and salt and pepper to taste. serve garnished with basil leaves. i like to tear mine over the soup but you can put them on whole or in the paste if you so desire.
The Cookhiddenpoet Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
I just made this for dinner, it was delicious! Super quick and easy. I added a bit of curry and turmeric too.deepturquoise in Waterloo loved it
This is a great soup,I love the lime juice.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!