thai pumpkin soupFrom hiddenpoet 9 years ago
- 1 can of pure pumpkin (15 oz) shopping list
- 1& 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 cup veg stock shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 4 -5 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 1 lemongrass stalk chopped shopping list
- 2 thai chilies seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- squirt of lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp cilantro shopping list
- basil leaves for garnish shopping list
- salt and papper shopping list
How to make it
- put the garlic, shallot, lemongrass, thai chilies, cilantro, pinch of salt and lime juice into a food processor and process into a paste.
- bring your veg stock to a light boil and add the paste stirring until dissolved.
- add the pumpkin slowly until mixed in and turn down to a simmer. when all the pumpkin is added simmer for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- add all he coconut milk and bring it back up to a simmer. don't bring it to a boil!
- add the sugar and salt and pepper to taste. serve garnished with basil leaves. i like to tear mine over the soup but you can put them on whole or in the paste if you so desire.
The Cookhiddenpoet Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
This is a great soup,I love the lime juice.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I just made this for dinner, it was delicious! Super quick and easy. I added a bit of curry and turmeric too.deepturquoise in Waterloo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!