South Texas Carne Guisada meat and gravyFrom janabeth 9 years ago
- 3 lbs sirloin, shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder, or 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin, more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, more to taste shopping list
- 4 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 can, or 10 3/4 oz beef broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef into 3/4 inch cubes. In a large skillet, saute beef unitl brown, over medium heat.
- Add oil and flour and toss with beef until flour is brown. This will look gross, but wait..
- Add water and spices, stirring well
- Add beef broth and reduce to medium low. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until beef is tender. (If gravy seem too thin, add a bit more flour to desired consistency....If it seems too thick, add a bit more beef broth)
- Serve over tortillas or rice.
The Cookjanabeth Grand Forks, ND
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!