Strawberry Banana MuffinsFrom cyates798 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the muffin pan with paper liners or grease with butter or a vegetable spray.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- Add the melted butter to the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour. This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.
- Do not over mix or the strawberries will end up coloring the batter pinkl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined.
- Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.
- Fill each muffin cup about two thirds full of batter
- Fill any unused muffin cups halfway with water to prevent warping of the pan and/or over browning of the muffins.
- Place in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 12
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!