Rice Dressing dirty Rice DressingFrom betty_boop 8 years ago
- 6cups of Freshly cooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 lb of ground beef ( or pork) shopping list
- 1 container of Savoy Dressing shopping list
- salt to your taste...1tsp... shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp...Red or black pepper or both hehehe ...your taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp Slap Yo Mama seasoning shopping list
- 6 sliced japaleno pepper ( optional) shopping list
- 1tsp.garlic shopping list
- 1 cup green onions shopping list
- small 1 yellow/white onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup of parsley shopping list
- 1tbsp. oil( can be your favor...) shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups of water shopping list
- 1 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet shopping list
How to make it
- Start by putting your favor rice on to cook.
- Then take out a mag-na- lite 6-8 qt pot..
- Place the container of Savoy Dressing meat.( if not defrosted just place into pot with 1/2 to 1 cup water and let it cook,once this has fallen apart from the frozen look, then let the water cook out of it)
- add oil
- then add and brown ground meat (beef/pork)
- after all of the meat is brown
- start adding your onions Yellow/white, garlic, japaleno,seasonings such as salt pepper , parsley,use only 1/2 green onions
- let all of this saute in the meat once you see that the yellow/white onions are getting pretty clear...Add your water
- let this cook for 15 to 20 minutes ..leaving some of the gravy to the meat you well need this for the rice to pick up on all of the seasoning and color on the rice..cut off heat/fire
- if your mixture of meat doesn't look dark enough here is a cheater to use in a 4 oz. glass of water pour 1 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet
- which you can use this before you put the rice or after...doesn't matter.
- Now add your rice to meat... Stir around constantly..mixing all well..
- at this point you will see if your dirty rice looks dirty...if not this is a good time to add the kitchen bouquet..
- stir that into then add the rest of the green onions
- I leave all in this pot to set for awhile(10 minutes or so)
- Most of the time this is ready when the main meat is cooked like
- bar-o-que chicken, pork steaks...or Fried Chicken or fried pork..
- I also fix with this dish some Garlic bread, pork'n beans, with the
- bar-o-que,or with the fried, fresh corn on the cob, dinner rolls, green beans...
- This is a dish that all Bayou, Country,and Cajuns Love to EAT!!
- I have had the best comments from my family members like brother in laws and sister in laws that love this rice dressing..so this is not just from my hubby and children. Lets just say if my rice dressing is sitting on the table and some one else has theirs sitting on the table next to mine...my pot becomes empty ...lol ..A REAL Feel good Moment!
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!