Simple Ranch Breaded Fish FilletsFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1oz package dry Ranch style dressing mix shopping list
- 2-1/2 Tbsn vegetable oil, I used olive and eye-balled it. shopping list
- 1lb tilapia fillets.... I used fresh caught speckled trout. shopping list
- 2 tspn butter - i was more generous with the butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread crumbs in a bowl or breading dish.
- In a shallow dish, mix the dressing mix and oil to form a paste.. like i said earlier... eye balled to get a nice consistency paste
- Coat the fish fillets with the paste, then dredge in the bread crumbs coating lightly
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the fillets in the skillet, and cook around 5 mins. on each side, or until golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Note - I added some olive oil with the butter in the skillet.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating3 people
Maybe my non-fish eating kids will like this. They use ranch on everything.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
Sounds great, I like the little hint of mixing butter with the olive oil, I first saw that on a cooking show on TV and loved it when I tried it. This is a great post, I'll try making this next time I do fish which is pretty often.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!