Indian Style Lamb with Sweet PotatoesFrom craners 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb of ground or minced lamb shoulder or leg shopping list
- 1 med sized onion, quartered and sliced thin. shopping list
- 2 TBSP minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 3 medium garlic cloves pressed shopping list
- 1 TSP garam masala (makes the dish, go get it!!!) shopping list
- 5 cups finely chopped kale shopping list
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & cut in 1 inch cubes ( 1 large potatoe) shopping list
- 1 cup + 1 TBSP chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare all the Veggies by chopping & have ready to go!
- Heat 1 TBSP broth in a medium stainless steel large size braising pot or skillet. Healthy Saute' onion, garlic, ginger & lamb in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garam masala, mixing well for about half a minute. Add 1 cup broth & stir in sweet potatoes and kale.
- Simmer on medium low heat covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lamb, potatoes & kale are tender. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcraners Coarsegold, CA
The Rating5 people
Very nice, I often make something similar. I usually toast the massala in the bottom of a dry pan first to boost the flavor. This is wonderful, simple, and healthy dish.legoflamb in New York loved it
I love all these ingredients, great first post, will be making this for sure.invisiblechef in loved it
Im at the library printing this out, :)invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!