Spaghetti with Asparagus and ShrimpFrom shandy 5 years ago
- 2 pounds of medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. of chile flakes shopping list
- 1 dozen asparagus spears, wood parts trimmed and then cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1 small red onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine (Chardonnay) shopping list
- zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 T. lemon juice shopping list
- some pasta water shopping list
- 2 handfuls of spaghetti shopping list
How to make it
- Get a large pot of water boiling for your pasta. When the water begins to boil, add a generous amount of salt and cook your pasta according to the package's instructions.
- In a bowl, toss your shrimp with some salt, paprika and chile flakes. Place a skillet on a burner on medium high-heat and pour in your olive oil. Add the shrimp and saute until they've just turned pink (about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove your shrimp with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- In the same skillet add your garlic, onions and asparagus and saute them on medium heat for about 5 minutes (or enough to soften).
- Add your wine and reduce until there's barely any liquid left. Take the skillet off the heat and reserve (you may remove the garlic, if you wish).
- As soon as your spaghetti is cooked, reserve some pasta water and strain the spaghetti.
- Place you skillet back on the burner (heat off) and add your pasta, shrimp, zest and lemon juice and toss to coat the pasta with the remaining ingredients. Add some pasta water if the sauce is too dry.
- Serve with a nice Chardonnay.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating7 people
Fast and easy,that is what we all need sometimes for the weekend.And the wine don'hurt.lol:)zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
Never thought about asparagus with my shrimp sketti. GREAT POST!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
delicious!! savedgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!