Southern Smothered ChickenFrom lillyann 5 years ago
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 1 package (8-oz.) pre-sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 can (16-oz.) baby corn, drained ( or frozen, thawed) shopping list
- 1 large vidalia onion, cut into 1/4-inch-think slices shopping list
- 2 cans condensed Creamy chicken Verde (Campbell's Southwest-style*) shopping list
- Fresh thyme shopping list
- cracked black pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from chicken; set aside.
- In a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms, corn, and onion and about a teaspoon of thyme. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Spoon soup over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Plate chicken breasts and spoon remaining gravy mixture on top of the chicken.
- Serve with thyme and cracked pepper. A nostalgic taste of the southern past!
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating8 people
I love finding new and wonderful crock pot recipes. Thank you so much!
Lunalunasea in Orlando loved it
Reporting back, Lilyann - I made this and it is wonderful. Thank you again! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Will make this one SOON1 Thankyou,great idea!lanabade in Goshen loved it