Bacon Cheese PotatoesFrom modmom50 8 years ago
How to make it
- Put potatoes in large pot with water covering and bring to a boil.
- Boil poatoes till they are fork tender on med to med high, on my stove takes about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking cook bacon by either frying it or baking it or if you are like me use cooked bacon and zap it in microwave. I used about a package of it.
- Crumble the bacon after it is cooked.
- Drain potatoes when done and once able to handle dice up into bite sized pieces. You can leave skin on or take it off depending on your likes. I leave mine on.
- Put the potatoes in a casserole dish, approx 2 qrt.
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter and put in on top of potatoes.
- Pour the cheese over the potatoes
- Put the crumbled bacon bits over it all and stir all together.
- Place in 350° F oven for about 15 to 20 min to crisp them up a bit and melt the cheese.