Stuffed PeppersFrom hayleesgrandma 5 years ago
- (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice shopping list
- 4 medium red bell peppers shopping list
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 2 cups bottled tomato-and-basil pasta sauce (such as Classico), divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Set aside.
- While rice cooks, cut tops off bell peppers; reserve tops. Discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers, cut sides down, in an 8-inch square baking dish; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at high 2 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Cool.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and the next 5 ingredients (beef through allspice); cook 4 minutes or until beef is lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from heat. Add rice, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, and cheese to beef mixture, stirring to combine.
- While beef cooks, combine 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce and wine in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup beef mixture into each pepper. Place peppers in a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; add wine mixture to pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve peppers with sauce. Garnish with pepper tops.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating6 people
I love stuffed peppers... My recipe uses oatmeal instead of rice. I will try your!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
I love stuffed peppers... and these sound so good....Thanks for a great post!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I made these tonight with some very slight modifications: used green peppers instead of red and left out the parsley. Yum!! They turned out great. Thanks for the recipe!econchef in New Haven loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!