Baked JambalayaFrom kristopher 10 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 large diced onion shopping list
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham shopping list
- 3 cups cooked sliced andouille sausage shopping list
- 4 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 3 cups cooked chicken cut into small pieces shopping list
- 3 tbspns creole seasoning Blend shopping list
- 4 tsps worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 28 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes shopping list
- 7 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain white rice shopping list
- 4 stalks chopped celery shopping list
- 3 cups frozen cooked shrimp shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350F (175C).
- Melt the butter in large pot. Saute the onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic until all are tender. Be careful not to burn your garlic. Now add the tomato paste and cook until everything is browned slightly. Be sure to stir repeatedly. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and Creole seasoning blend. Pour this into a large "roasting" pan. Mash the tomatoes to break them up into pieces and add to the mixture in pan. Now stir in the juice from the tomatoes, ham, chicken stock, chicken, sausage, rice and shrimp. Mix everything up well. Cover (tightly) with foil.
- Finally bake this in your preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. And be sure to stir it once halfway through the baking time.
The Cookkristopher San Francisco, CA
The Rating11 people
This was delicious! A perfect recipe that my husband and I enjoyed very much! Thank you!!tls419 in Portland loved it
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Thanks for the recipe.nikkoruns in Asheville loved it
Perfect! Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!