Hamburger-Cheese BakeFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. Granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt shopping list
- /4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 4 cups Uncooked medium noodles or Linguini shopping list
- 1 cup Low-Fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 8-oz. package low-fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger with the onion over medium heat setting
- until the meat is lightly browned and the onion is tender. Drain off excess fat and return to the skillet. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Remove meat sauce from heat and reserve.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as directed on the package, drain, and reserve.
- In a small bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and green bell pepper.
- Spread about half of the noodles in a 13-inch by 9-inch oven-proof baking pan.
- Spread about half the meat sauce evenly over the top of the noodles. Cover with cheese mixture.
- Add the remaining noodles and top with the remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in a pre-heated 350-F degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Great served with a leafy salad and garlic bread.