Cold green salad with swiss cheese and olivesFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- Salad components shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds of whole green beans, tipped and trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of swiss cheese, cut in strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup of imported cured black olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup red pepper strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup of red onion slivers shopping list
- 1/2 cup of toasted and chopped almonds shopping list
- Dressing shopping list
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice shopping list
- 2 large cloves of crushed garlic shopping list
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbs. of sherry wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of dried tarragon, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of dried dill weed, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt shopping list
- several grinds of black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley finely chopped, flat leaf preferred shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and trim the beans; destring.
- steam the beans until barely tender.
- plunge in ice cold water to stop the cooking, drain well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the dried off green beans to the dressing, add swiss cheese.
- Toss well.
- Chill for two or three hours.
- Add the olives, onions, and peppers and cover and chill overnight, best case scenario, a minimum of four hours chill time if you are in a hurry. I don't add the onions and olives earlier because I want the beans to absorb the dressing flavor foremost and the onion, olive flavor secondarily.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Sounds fantastic. Cant wait to make your dish. Well done and Thank you..............unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
not sure how I missed this the first time around! love it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Such an amazing recipe! I can't wait to make this for myself. Thank you for taking the time to type out this wonderful recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it