Hamantashen Jewish CookiesFrom berry 7 years ago
- 1 cup sweet butter at room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups of flour shopping list
- Confectioners sugar for dusting (optional) shopping list
- FOR THE apricot FILLING shopping list
- 2 cups ried apricots shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 5 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Mix together the milk, egg, vanilla, or almond extract and salt in another bowl.
- Sift the flour into a third bowl.
- Beat the butter mixture with one – third of the flour, alterning with the milk mixture. If the dough is too staff, add a little extra milk. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- TO MAKE THE APRICOT FILLING, put the apricots, cinnamon and sugar ina pn and add enough water to cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the apricots are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove the cinnamon stick, then puree the fruit in a food processor with the sugar and a little of the liqid to the consistency of tic jam.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Roll out the dough on a lighty floured surface to 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick. Stamp out 3 – inch round pieces with a plain cutter.
- Place 1 full teaspoon of filling in the
- center of each round piece, then pinch the pastry together to form the 3 corners, leaving a little of the filling showing in the middle.
- Place the pastries on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, oruntil pale goleden. Serve the pastries warm or cold, dusted with cofectioner sugar.
The Cookberry Riverside, Ca
The Rating11 people
Annie these are scrumptious looking, way to go girl. Might be out of my league but try I will. Thankscraners in Coarsegold loved it
I think these are out of my league, too So I am going to try them. Something to shoot for. Thank you for kelping me become a better baker. great picturescmon68 in Windsor loved it
Hello Berry, beautiful story, beautiful cookies, beautiful taste of sweet butter and apricots! Beautiful with a cuppa Colombian coffee! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it