Shortcut Cinnamon BunsFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir together flour, remaining tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into small pieces and with your fingertips or a pastry blender blend into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In another small bowl whisk together egg and milk and add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly floured surface and gently knead, 3 or 4 times, until it forms a dough.
- Pat dough into a 10- by 6-inch rectangle (about an inch thick).
- Brush dough with melted and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar.
- Beginning with a short side, roll up rectangle to form a 6-inch log and cut crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Arrange pieces on a baking sheet, cut sides up, with seams touching.
- Bake buns in middle of oven until pale golden, about 18 minutes.
- In another small bowl stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle generously over warm buns.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating7 people
I'm a push over for these! Sounds great, love um..
Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Can't wait to try these for breakfast. Got my "5" and bookmarked too!dottiet in Woodward loved it
Sounds great. I' m gonna try these. I might take these for my meeting monday at work. Thanks. Tanilletanille1975 in Jasper loved it