Italian Olive breadFrom crossfire 5 years ago
How to make it
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and sprinkle over the yeast and thyme. Make a well in the center and then pour in 7/8 cup warm water and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Mix to a dough and knead on a floured surface for 1- minutes, until elastic.
- Place dough in a large oiled plastic bag. Seal and leave in a warm place for about 2 hours, or until doubled.
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead lightly. Flatten the dough with your hands. Sprinkle over the olives and tomatoes and knead them in until they are well distributed. Shape the dough into a lonog oval and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375
- When risen, press your finger several times into the dough, drizzle the remaining oil and sprinkle with crushed rock salt.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or intil loaf is golden and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
The Rating4 people
good and healthy too. My parents just gave me a mess of homemade sun dried tomatoes! I have to give it a try!jeannej in Raleigh loved it
delicious! just made this... and ate nearly the whole loaf!! whoops!twinkletowers in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!