Low Country QuesadillasFrom saltymike 7 years ago
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 lb medium shrimp (30-40 count) shopping list
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 lb shredded colby and Jack cheese shopping list
- 6-8 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- salt and ground cayenne pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced sausage and sauté until sausage begins to render fat and juices
- Add onion and bell pepper and sauté until the bell pepper starts to soften.
- Add garlic and cilantro and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cook until shrimp just turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp and sausage mixture from the heat.
- Heat tortillas on a griddle or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle cheese and then some of the shrimp mixture evenly over half of the tortilla.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over it, so no filling is showing.
- Cook for 1 minute or so, flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite salsa
The Cooksaltymike Naples, FL
The Rating5 people
What a great combination and nice spin on the boring cheese quesadilla. Now, would be a nice addition to the SuperBowl bash. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This sounds just right a lunch I'm making for my daughter and myself this weekend. Thanks for a great post. :)coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
Oh this is goooooooood...laadeedaa in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!