Ribollita - Tuscan Vegetable SoupFrom moltobuono 8 years ago
- 800g of fresh borlotti or cannellini beans (or 300g of dried borlotti or cannellini beans) shopping list
- 400g of fresh, ripe tomatoes or tinned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 black cauliflower (almost impossible to find!) or 1 quarter of a regular one shopping list
- 1 quarter of a cabbage shopping list
- 500g of beet (similar to spinach but milder flavoured) shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 celery stick shopping list
- 1 red onion shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- basil shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- If you are using dried beans, they need to be soaked for 24 hours, then boiled in 2 litres of water, a pinch of salt and a little olive oil. Finely chop the onion and fry in oil until translucent, then add tomatoes, beans (if fresh with 1 litre of water, if dried add with its own cooking water). Chop all the remaining vegetables roughly and add the to the soup. Add salt and boil for at least two hours. Add more water if necessary. Serve in a bowl on top of a slice of toasted country bread. Finish off with parmigiano, a little olive oil, pepper and chopped parsley and basil (if available). E' Pronto! My website: < www.conviviorome.com>
The Cookmoltobuono Rome, IT
The Rating4 people
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
I just posted a very similar recipe last night.
I love your recipe version of this. The picture you took makes me want to make it all the more.
Southern CA, USApollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!