Roasted Chicken and RisottoFrom kristopher 10 years ago
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast shopping list
- 4 tablespoons divided olive oil shopping list
- 7 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- salt and pepper (amount depends on your taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up 2 tbspns of oil in a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat. Now stir in the onions and saute this for approximately 15 to 20 minutes (the onions should turn dark golden brown when finished). Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar and set this all aside for later.
- Heat up the remaining oil in a different large-sized skillet on medium heat. Then stir in your rice and mix it all up thoroughly. Let this heat for about 2 minutes and then pour in your wine. Now reduce the heat to medium-low and begin pouring in the broth. Do this 1 cup at a time. As each cup is absorbed add more broth. Continue doing this until all of the broth is absorbed and the rice becomes "al dente" (takes about 20 minutes).
- Stir in your onion mixture and allow it to heat all the way through. Now remove it from the heat and slowly stir in the chicken and butter. Finally, season with salt and pepper (amount depends on your tastes). Enjoy it!
People Who Like This Dish 42
The Cookkristopher San Francisco, CA
The Rating8 people
Yum...I will try this. I love making Risotto.helewes in Newton loved it
This was very, very good. Something about the cooking of risotto comforts me. Thanks for a goodie.helewes in Newton loved it
This was a great success. The addition of balsamic vinegar enticed me to try this and we are so glad. This is definitely a recipe I'll make again.
Thanks!borinda in SoCal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!