French Potato SoupFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 large leeks; shopping list
- 1 cup scraped, chopped carrots; shopping list
- 1 cup peeled, chopped turnip; shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery; shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion; 3 cups peeled, chopped potatoes; shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth; 2 bay leaves; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. shopping list
- Chop white portion of leeks; discard tops. shopping list
- Optional fresh chopped chives for garnish. shopping list
How to make it
- Saute leeks, carrots, turnips, celery, and onion in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Briing to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Positiion hand-held blender and process until smooth.
- Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in 1/2 cup whipping cream
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I substitued the celery for zucchini, but this was fabulous...everyone raved about it until it was gone.exitmusic384 in Hamilton loved it
gotta love this one all my favorite veggiesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Saving this one.gingerlea in Tampa loved it