The Real Death By ChocolateFrom hooch 6 years ago
- 225g dark semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 140g butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4 heaped Tbsp plain flour shopping list
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 tbsp sour cream shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 2/3 c heavey cream or whipping cream shopping list
- 260g semisweet chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 380.f
- line a 25cm cake tin with grease proof cooking paper
- break the chocolate into small peices, and melt over a double boiler
- beat the eggs with sugar, mix with flour, cocoa powder, vanilla and baking powder.
- slowly fold in the melted chocolate and butter and sour cream.
- bake at 350.f until a skewer runs clean when pulled from cake...aprox 50 mins..
- allow cake to cool completely then refridgerate for atleast 30 mins before removing cake from the tin...otherwise the cake is sticky and difficult to remove...
- remove crust surface and rough edges before cutting horrizontly to make to peices...
- heat 2/3 cup heavy cream in a pan...remove from heat and add the chopped semisweet chocolate, stir until smooth ...then remove from heat and cool to allow it to thicken....
- use 1/3 of the frosting in the centre,1/3 on the top and the othe 1/3 around the edges...put cake in refridgerator until cool and frosting hardens...the cake should be served at room temp...
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookhooch New Zealand, NZ
The Rating3 people
hooch, I think I love you. My doctor on the other hand is talking hit men.geckofiend in Columbus loved it
I prefer cooking from scratch and usually not with conveniences and packages. This is going to be tried out very VERY soon :) TY, Hooch -- you're on a roll :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Almost forgot -- this IS the low-cal version, right?? LOL!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!