Smoked Pork With Greens and Cornbread DumplingsFrom lillyann 6 years ago
- 1 bag (16-ounce) precut collard greens shopping list
- 3 cans (14- ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke shopping list
- 1 3 pound pork shoulder roast shopping list
- FOR DUMPLINGS shopping list
- 1 package (6.5-oz.) corn muffin mix shopping list
- 1 cup baking mix (Bisquick*) shopping list
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- Place greens in a 5 quart slow-cooker; set aside IN a medium pot, combine chicken broth, onion, vinegar, sugar, 1 tablespoon of the steak seasoning, and liquid smoke. Bring to a boil. Pour over greens.
- Sprinkle fat side of roast with remaining 1 teaspoon steak seasoning. Place roast on top of the greens
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Reserve cooking liquid in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker; turn to high heat setting.
- For dumplings, prepare a stack of 8 paper towels; set aside. IN a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, baking mix, and evaporated milk. Stir to form a soft dough. Remove lid from slow cooker and drop dough by spoonfuls into hot mixture. Place paper towel stack on top of slow cooker ( to absorb moisture). Secure with lid. Cook 15 minutes.
- Slice roast and serve with dumplings and greens.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating3 people
Beautiful! This will be Sunday dinner this weekend ;)gabrielle in Austin loved it