Twice-Baked Potato Skins w PepperoniFrom chefmal 6 years ago
- 10 Large (whole) Russet or idaho potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups of pepperoni, diced shopping list
- 1/3 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tbspns oregano shopping list
- 3 tbspns garlic powder shopping list
- salt, black pepper to taste shopping list
- parsley or chives to Garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Arrange potatoes in a large baking pan and bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are soft.
- In the meantime, if you haven't already, dice the pepperoni.
- Remove from oven, but leave the heat on because you'll be putting them back in soon.
- Cut each potato into 3 wedges, scooping out only half of the potato into a large mixing bowl, leaving a decent layer of potato above the skin so it holds it's basic shape.
- When you've gathered all the potato flesh into the bowl, add butter, milk, salt, Pepper, Garlic, Oregano and Cayenne.
- Mash with potato masher until smooth.
- Pile the mashed potatoes evenly back into the potato skins, arranging them back into the baking pan in a single layer. (No laying them on top of each other!) You may need an extra pan for this.
- Arrange the pepperoni evenly on top of the potato skins, then sprinkle either the Parsley or Chives to garnish the tops. (I add Parsley and extra Garlic)
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, then remove, arrange on plate and enjoy.
- You may also add black olives, cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese, onions, etc. The options are limitless!
The Cookchefmal Brooklyn, NY
The Rating4 people
I love recipes that leave room for experimenting. Thanks for the post!rml in loved it
I've done something similar - and this is great! Thank you so. =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
yum :)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!