THE BEANS CHILI RELLENOSFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 4 Poblano chilies shopping list
- 2 c. of any of the following cheeses, shredded, Monterey Jack, Mexican Blend or my favorite pepper Jack shopping list
- 1/3 c. plain dry bread crumbs, optional shopping list
- ½ tsp. cumin, more or less to taste shopping list
- Light sprinkle of salt shopping list
- flour for dredging shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated. shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to broil. Place chilies on a broiler pan and under the broil to roast on all sides until skin is blistered and black. Remove and place in a bag to steam for 15 minutes. Remove from bag. Peel off skin, and GENTLY pull out stem. CAREFULLY cut chilies open along one side and clean out white veins and seeds.
- Beat egg yolks until blended; set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly fold in egg yolks; set aside
- Mix cheese, bread crumbs (if using), cumin and salt. Using one quarter of the cheese mixture for each chili, CAREFULLY AND GENTLY stuff each chili.
- Heat about ½ inch of Canola oil in a deep 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Dredge chilies in flour and then dip in egg mixture. Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown on one side. Using 2 spatulas, VERY CAREFULLY turn and fry the other side (I cook two at a time) until golden on the other side.
- Remove drain on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream and your favorite salsa.
- **** You can use Anaheim Green Chilies and get more servings, but if you’re anything like me when you want a chili relleno you want a C H I L I R E L L E N O !!!
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating3 people
Gotta make these ... Monday... Yummers... Ahhh these are diet ... .right????? Brahahahah!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I like it!!Thanks for this nice recipe!!aaidjs in Zagreb loved it
Wow,Bean,these look great. Have to make real soon. I do beef burritos that are very good. As soon as I can find my recipe,I will post. Thanks!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!