Stuffed Shells with Arrabbiata SauceFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 6 ounces jumbo pasta shells (approximately 18 shells) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 ounces diced thinly sliced pancetta (bacon) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red chile flakes shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 3 cups Basic tomato sauce;*See Recipe shopping list
- 1 15-oz ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 beaten egg yolks shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Oil the bottom and sides of an 8-1/2 X 11-inch baking dish and reserve until needed.
- To prepare the pasta:
- Boil the pasta shells in a large pot of boiling salted water until they are slightly tender but still quite firm to the bite, about 4 to 6 minutes. The shells will continue cooking in the oven after they have been stuffed.
- Remove the boiling pot from the heat and add cold tap water until the shells can be handled. Reserve until needed.
- To prepare the cheese filling:
- Cream the ricotta cheese and stir in the Parmesan cheese, beaten egg yolks, chopped basil, parlsey and mint, salt and black pepper. Reserve until needed.
- To prepare the Arrabbiata sauce:
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the red chile flakes and the garlic, sautéing until tender, about 1 minute more.
- Stir in the Basic Tomato Sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer, stirring often.
- To Stuff the shells:
- Spread a light coating of the Arrabbiata sauce over the bottom of the oiled baking dish.
- Stuff the cooked shells with about two tablespoons of the cheese filling per shell. Arranging the shells in the prepared dish.
- Spoon the remaining Arrabbiata sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the top of the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese filling is heated through and the cheese topping is a golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating2 people
I love this! I am bookmarking it and have to try this asap. Thanks. Dandoubled in Upstate loved it