Spicy Lo Mein NoodlesFrom yomomma 5 years ago
- 1 pound linguine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp, (or more if you like it hot) cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- about 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- about 3 tsp.toasted sesame seed oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. peanut butter shopping list
- chopped chives shopping list
- 2 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- Optional: peanuts, cashews, water chestnuts, bean sprouts,sauteed veggies, or cooked shrimp or beef shopping list
How to make it
- Toast sesame seeds, (can be done in toaster oven, or the sauce pan)
- While water is cooking for linguine
- heat oils in sauce pan
- add garlic and saute until garlic is soft
- add toasted sesame seeds and cayenne pepper
- add soy sauce and peanut butter, simmer on low.
- Cook linguine until al dente, drain and put in a big pasta bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss, top with chives. If need more sauce, add a little water to it before pouring over pasta..
- Add any optional ingredients depending on whom you are feeding!
- WARNING: Make sure no one eating this is allergic to peanuts, or have an epi pen on hand...
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cookyomomma Danvers, MA
The Rating7 people
excellentgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
never had lo mien with pb before. looking forward to trying this one.choclytcandy in loved it
These were some fantastic noodles!!! Exactly what I was looking for! I served a beef and veggie stir fry on top of them! The only change I made was to use ww spaghetti noodles. Thanks so much!!! Hope you like the pic. I added!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!