Marinated Red Bell PeppersFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 3 large red bell peppers (or 12 oz. jar roasted peppers) shopping list
- 2 large oranges shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 Tablespoons (for bread) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon capers shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 loaf French bread shopping list
How to make it
- Under a broiler, broil whole peppers until evenly charred on both sides, turning when necessary
- Place the charred peppers in a Zipper Storage Bag, seal, and let steam for 5 minutes. (This makes it easier to peel.)
- Remove the peppers from the bag and let cool. Pull the charred skin from the outside of the peppers and remove the seeds and stem. (It is good to leave a little of the charred pepper skin for flavor.)
- Cut the peppers into 1-inch wide strips and place in a clean Storage Bag.
- Zest the oranges first and finely chop zest. Juice the oranges.
- Combine the zest, juice, garlic, thyme, 1/4 cup of olive oil, capers, mustard, maple syrup, and salt in a mixing bowl
- Using a wire whisk, whisk until blended, then pour over the peppers inside the bag and let marinate for at least one hour (no longer than 3 days).
- When ready to prepare hors d'oeuvres for eating, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice the French bread in 1/4-inch slices.
- Brush both sides of the French bread slices lightly with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes until toasted golden brown.
- Place a pepper slice on top of each toast and serve as hors d'oeuvres.
People Who Like This Dish 19
- ParkAhRa1 Nowhere, Us
- kimmikillzombie Nowhere, Us
- pariscipes Paris&Lyon, FR
- longj043 Anaheim, CA
- ayngelwing Vancouver British Columbia, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- coleville Zurich, CH
- notalyce Somerville, MA
- hollymayb Baltimore, Maryland
- eclaires Chicago, IL
- Plus 9 othersFrom around the world!