Bacon Fried Green BeansFrom annette092964 8 years ago
- 2-4 cans of any type green beans (DRAINED).. pick your favorite! shopping list
- I prefer french style but this pic below I used the french cut wides shopping list
- 1/2 lb of bacon chopped, or bacon drippings work the same. shopping list
- 1 iron skillet..works better then any other shopping list
- dash of salt not to much remember your bacon is salty shopping list
- pepper...all you like!!! shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the chopped bacon, leave it in the pan or remove it and replace after beans are done...or if your going without the bacon, heat the pan good and hot with the bacon drippings.
- When the skillet is sizzling.. toss those green beans in and let'em fry. Either till they are browned nicely all over or just till they're wilted, either way.
- When I was a child my mama had this green bean dish at the table nearly every night. Sometimes it happened to be our main course. No complaints here I was a veggie lover n still am.
- Now a short funny story... since I've been down here in Mississippi, alot of these folks dont realize the things you can do to make a extra dish they look at and say hmmmmm. The first week I was down here I cooked this along with pork chops and mashed potatoes. My man comes home from work, mind you never seeing a fried green bean in his life and stated " what in the world is THAT?" I said to him, "hush, taste it, and dont say another word till you've swallowed it". Well he liked them so well.. I couldn't keep green beans on hand. He'd call ahead to see if I had green beans.. Mind you...this man ate fried green beans for the next 2 weeks straight. I had a feeling the Piggly Wiggly store down here thought I was a bean fanatic buying them by the case. And today.. thats his meal.. fried green beans, pork chops and woops what else...oh my! I gotta think of something before hes due in..he quit eatting potatoes...oh well maybe an extra dab of beans will do him!
- Enjoy all..some may think its to bland, then spruce it up with some chinese foods... you might be surprised as to how good this simple dish is. Ya I know greasy but hey how often do we really treat ourselves to something with great flavor and regret it later...hmmm?