Spicy Peanut Sesame NoodlesFrom ejergens 8 years ago
- 1 cup natural unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter (not Jiff or Peter Pan) shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 to 3 fresh serrano chili peppers cut into pieces (see alteration) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed strong black tea shopping list
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta shopping list
- 2 quarts water shopping list
- 1/2 peeled, seeded cucumber cut into thin strips shopping list
- fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- fresh grated carrot (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to a rolling boil
- Add pasta, stir and cook for about 8 minutes or until done
- remove from stove top and drain pasta in colander, rinse off pasta under hot tap water to remove excess starch and to keep pasta from sticking.
- In a food processor, add the first 8 ingredients and blend
- remove mixture to a bowl and add sesame oil, chili oil, and hot tea
- The sauce can be covered and refrigerated for 1-2 days, but should be served at room temperature.
- Toss sauce with pasta and garnish cucumber and cilantro.
- This recipe serves 2-3 people, you can easily double the recipe to serve more.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookejergens Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
Yummy!!! I can't wait to try this! I can take this to work with me!rosej in Dolores loved it
i love the flavor of this dish thank you very much bookmarked...minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds so refreshing and tasty ! I'm gonna try this one for sure !! 5 forks!!greenlord in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!