Chocolate Chip Cowboy CakeFrom sheba 9 years ago
- 1 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Grated peel off 1 orange shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan or 9 inch tube pan and sprinkle with flour.
- In a bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and orange peel.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, in 3 or 4 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Do not overbeat after each addition. Toss chocolate chips with cinnamon and stir gently into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until cake is done. It should be firm and spring back when gently touched. Let cake rest in pan for 10 minutes, then invert and cool.