Pinapple-Coconut self frosting CakeFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- 1 can crushed pineapple in syrup (8 3/4 oz can) shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup flour (sifted all purpose) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut (flaked) shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup walnuts shopping list
- 3 tablespoon margarine or butter (melted) shopping list
How to make it
- Thoroughly drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the syrup. Beat together shortening, sugar and vanilla. When creamy, beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved syrup, beating after each addition.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in greased and floured 8" round or square cake pan. sprinkle with crushed pinapple. Cover with remaining batter.
- In small bowl, combine coconut, brown sugar, walnuts and butter. sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350°F. for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Cut into wedges and serve warm with ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating7 people
Oh....loving this one! Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Can you come up with one that makes itself too?LOL OH WELL THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH,atleast it frost itself.Great post:).zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
LOVE ALL YOUR EASY,YET BUT DECADENT RECIPES SEEMS TO OUR FAMILIES WE'VE BEEN SLOGGING IN THE KITCHEN ALL DAY L.O.Lmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it